JOIN OUR TEAM
Evans Transport Limited is family owned, with over 50 years experience in the haulage business. Our strength lies in our first-class team, they enjoy the best vehicles, office facilities and working conditions.
Our in-house CPC approved driver training facility, coupled with our apprenticeship and work placement schemes, allow us to provide our team with excellent career development opportunities. We’re always searching for the best and brightest in new recruits, so whether you’re a school leaver or have twenty years experience in transport, if you have enthusiasm, team spirit and positive attitude, you could be the right person for us.
Become a Driver
This opportunity is available to you through our own work scheme which is fully supported by Evans Transport and working closely with The Dave Robbins Transport Academy.
Contact us for more details.
Due to the current Pandemic we are not considering anyone for careers at Evans Transport.
SOUTH MOLTON BLOCK COMPANY
Job Title: Production Operative – Forklift Operator
Responsible to: Production Manager
Location: South Molton Block Company
Job Purpose To carry out the necessary tasks required to enable the production of goods for the purpose of sale to customers.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To participate in the production of concrete products.
- To load products for transportation.
- To provide friendly customer service for ex works.
- To comply with all health and safety rules to protect yourself, colleagues, contractors and customers.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the Company’s accident reporting procedures.
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- To maintain and clean your work area/cab.
- To operate/drive the Forklift to a safe standard and within the law.
- Complete daily machinery/plant checks to ensure the machine is safe and in full working order.
- To report any defects or problems to the Production Manager
- To carry out routine maintenance of the equipment used in production to reduce breakdowns.
- To minimise downtime of plant where ever possible.
- To ensure all our products leaving site meet all necessary standards for our customers.
- To attend any necessary training/development in order to carry out your role.
- To provide support for the company in other areas as required by your Manager.
- Adhere to all Company Policies, Procedures and Health and Safety.